Friday, February 28, 2014

Girly Girl


How does pearls and pastel pink sound to you? Well, they remind me of chicness and elegance. 

珍珠和粉红色听起来怎么样?给我的感觉就是别致和优雅。
JCrew-Navy-and-White-Peacoat, Pastel-Pink-Skater-Skirt, LeChateau-Gloves

JCrew-Peacoat, Pastel-Pink-Skater-Skirt, LeChateau-Gloves, Pearls-Necklace
JCrew-Peacoat, Pastel-Pink-Skater-Skirt, LeChateau-Gloves, Pearls-Necklace, Winter-Outfit
For the longest time, I've been trying to determine who I am and what kind of style I have. I felt that I had to put my style into a specific fashion category in order to contain the sense of being normal and secure. Finding this answer was just like chasing after a string- I was once so close but then became so far again. Sometimes I like anything girly and dreamy; sometimes I'm into everything that is edgy and bold; and sometimes I'm crazy about styles that are eclectic and unpredictable. With the consistent changes my mind was going through, my heart was also beeping like crazy. Did I have this-skirt-is-so-not-me kind of moment? Of course. Have I experienced that I-don't-know-what-I-am-wearing type of day? For sure. So recently (yes, I didn't think this through till very recent), I started to ask myself: "Why do I have to put a label on my style?"
To draw a conclusion, I don't think we HAVE TO match an accurate answer to the question of who I am and what kind of style I have. Seeking who we are is truly a piece of art which could be confusing and frustrating sometime, but should also be a never-ending and self-improving process because everything is changing, including us and our taste. 

有很长的一段时间我都在寻找自我并想鉴定我的时尚风格是什么。我总觉得只有把我的风格归类了,才能说明我是正常的,才能给我带来安全感。寻找这个答案就像追着一条绳子跑一样,若即若离,忽近忽远。有的时候我对小可爱和梦幻的东西特别青睐;有时候我沉迷于很野性和大胆的感觉;有时候我又对那种不拘小节,扑朔迷离的风格特别钟爱。随着我的感觉不停在改变,我的心也跟着波动不少。直到最近我才领悟到:“我为什么一定要给我的时尚风格贴上一个标签呢?”
总结陈词吧,我就觉得我们不一定要完全给“我是谁”或“我的时尚风格是什么”找一个准确的答案。一切都在变,我们和我们的品味也在变。找到自我应该是一种艺术,一种自我提高的长期过程。
JCrew-Peacoat, Pastel-Pink-Skater-Skirt, LeChateau-Gloves, Pearls-Necklace, Grey-Beanie
JCrew-Peacoat, Grey-Top, LeChateau-Gloves, Pearls-Necklace, Pastel-Stripe-Shirt

JCrew-Peacoat, Pastel-Pink-Skater-Skirt, LeChateau-Gloves, Pearls-Necklace
Pastel-Pink-Skater-Skirt, LeChateau-Gloves, Pearls-Necklace, Pink-Belt






If you want to put a pink bow on, do it! If you wish to add an edgy twist to your outfit, don't hesitate! If you'd love to wear your mom's over-sized vintage sweater, why think twice?
如果你想戴一个粉红色领结,别犹豫!如果你想给你的穿着增加一点酷酷的色彩,为什么不呢?如果你想穿你妈妈的那件很大的复古毛衣,别再想啦,穿吧!

Thank you so much for reading!
Photography: Stephen Foks                                                                                                                                    
Shirt: J.Crew (current, similar here | here)
Top: Club Monaco (old, love this one | this one)
Skirt: Aritzia (old, similar here)
Coat: J.Crew (old, also love this one | this one)
Belt: American Apparel (old, identical here)
Beanie & Shoes: Zara
Necklace: Aldo
Gloves: Le Chateau

No comments:

Post a Comment