Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Thoughts on Valentine's Day

Yes, one of the most romantic days of the year is just around the corner. Are you excited? Ready? Well, sadly, sometimes I do feel that Valentin's Day has been over-commercialized and could actually be overwhelming and even depressing. Do I HAVE TO buy her something expensive to show that I love her? What should I get for my boyfriend in order to let him know that he is important to me? Well, how I look at it is that this is just ONE of the 365 days of the year to show your love to those who are important to you. It doesn't really matter what gift I get on that day particularly, but the love, respect, time and care that I have received during the rest of the year. There is a saying: Make everyday a Valentine's Day! :)

Also, when I was in China, I thought Valentines Day was about celebrating love just between couples. However, since I moved to Canada, I'v learnt that anybody could be your valentine. Your teacher, your sister, your mom, or your friend...

被视为一年中最浪漫的那一天已经近在咫尺了。你开心吗?准备好了吗?
遗憾的是,我觉得情人节已经被过渡商业化了。并且,这个本来用以展现爱的节日却可能演变为一场噩梦,让人郁闷和苦恼。我是否应该给我的女朋友买一件很昂贵的礼物以表达我的爱呢?我应该买什么东西给我的男朋友来让他知道他在我心中的重要性呢?我觉得吧,情人节只不过是365天中,来展现爱的其中一天罢了。我不会太在乎在情人节的这一天我得到了什么礼物,而是在剩下的这一年当中,我所获得的爱,尊重,时间,和呵护。有句话说得好:让你的每一天都过得像情人节一样!

另外,以前我在中国国内的时候,以为情人节只不是情侣的节日而已。来到加拿大才知道,其实谁都可以跟你共同庆祝情人节,你的老师,妹妹,妈妈,或者朋友。。。
Valentines-Day, Gift-Guide, Pink, Colour, Red, Watch, Bag, Dress, Scarf, Sweater, Pumps



No comments:

Post a Comment