Friday, April 19, 2013

Black-and-White makes Spring more Classic

Hi everyone,

Happy Friday! The work week has finally come to an end, which means the weekend will be starting soon :) Yeah!!!
What's you plan? Hanging out with your closest friends? Going out for a special day with your significant other? Going away with your families to get some clam and relaxing time together?... 
Whatever you are planning to do, I hope you all will have a wonderful weekend. :)




There is something that I'd really love to share with you today. The meaning of fashion has been very different in each stage of my life. When I was as little as 10 years old, I thought fashion is everything that my dear mom wore. The heels she bought, the dresses she was in, and the purses she carried...I wanted everything from her, and I'd love to become the elegant and beautiful woman she was.  I always snuck in her closet to try everything and looked at myself in the mirror to imagine who I would become in 10 years. :)

With the time passed by, my fashion model and mentor has switched from my mom to whoever were cool and popular in school, or girls who always had the perfect skin, the fantastic body, and the most expensive outfits in magazines. But since I was a student and didn't have the cash to have what I wanted, I always dreamed one day that I 'd be able to afford everything these girls had.

And few years later, fashion to me, is about brand. The more expensive, the better..... 

But now, fashion is about art, lifestyle, creativity, imagination...and more....  It's not about what you wear, it's about who you are and how you live. Fashion is just an industry, but style is about personality. I admire those fashion designers who have put days and nights of hard work into creating something they love, who have invested their dreams and imaginations into something they believed, who have put their talents and creativity into something they have passion for...


I truly want to share a greatly inspiring saying from a forever fashion icon, Coco Chanel. 

"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening."





Thank you so much for reading!

Please follow me on Twitter and Like me on Facebook!

White midi puffy skirt: H&M (Current, can also get a similar one Here and Here)
Black and White Knitwear: H&M (Buy it Here, similar Here)
Bow Belt: H&M (Old, similar Here )
Top: Forever 21 (similar Here and Here)
Pearl Statement Necklace: Zara (Buy it Here)
Shoes: H&M (Right Here, last seen Here)
Tights: (Aritzia)
Sun Glasses: BCBGeneration (Get it Here)
Doctor Bag: A treasure hunt from a vintage store (Last seen Here)


No comments:

Post a Comment